Please click here to download the assembly manual for Kaboon Floating Shelves for Wall (Set of 2) in the newest version:
1 Assemble the shelves.
1) Put one bracket (A) on board (B). There are two sets of pre-drilled holes for your choice, you could also drill holes as your preference.
2) Take 3 screws (C) and screw them to connect the bracket.
3) Repeat it with another bracket (A).
2 Screw into the wall.
Various wall types demand specific components. Please confirm the type of your wall before screwing/drilling. This blog specifics in drywall installation.
Drywall usually cannot hold much weight, so if we want to hang something, it is best to mount into the stud. Normally the distance between two stud is 16’’, but our floating shelves are not so long. Thus, we can just mount one side into the stud with the metal anchor provided. This anchor can be simply described as a combination of pieces of metal. As you screw in, the pieces will open up like wings behind the drywall.
To begin with, you have to find the stud. If you have a stud finder, please follow these steps:
1) Clear any obstacles or decorations from the wall, select the appropriate scanning mode of the stud finder.
2) Place the stud finder against the wall and slowly move it horizontally and keep it at a consistent height when scanning.
3) Once the stud finder indicates a stud, mark the spot on the wall using a pencil.
4) Repeat the scanning process in the immediate vicinity to confirm the edges of the stud, mark the other edge.
If you don't have a stud finder, just knock the drywall. It will sound hollow between the studs and tight when there is a stud behind. Or find a magnet and slide it on the wall. It will stick when it is on a stud.
After you find a stud, confirm the correct height on the wall first. Then, arrange one shelf against the wall as desired. Use the level provided to ensure the shelf is parallel to the ground. When the bubble is between two lines, it is level. After that, use a pencil to mark the positions on the wall.
3 Place the drywall anchor’s wide surface horizontally at the other mark, then hammer it into the wall.
4 Insert the screw into the anchor and tighten it completely. Both sides completed.
This anchor has advantages, such as it doesn’t need pre-drilled holes; after installation, if you want to remove it from the wall, just screw out the screw and the “wings” will close, to cause no hole on the wall, easy to repair.
5 Hang the shelves on the wall. Arrange the shelf against the wall. Insert screw (G), tighten it with a Phillips head screwdriver.
And your installation is successfully complete!
We've done tests of the shelves. They can hold well over 50 pounds if installed correctly on drywall. For the concrete wall and wood wall, the load bearing will be more. You could also refer to the assembly video below:
We hope that Kaboon products can bring you a good experience. If you have any inquiries or suggestions, please contact us freely. Our support team is always willing to support our clients.